Mortars Shooting At TRPs Questions

1. If I want to shoot my mortar at a TRP I have to have the mortar HQ or higher ask for it. Why cant I just go to the mortar team and request the shooting directly? I mean, you can target direct with a mortar team if you have LOS so why cant they shoot a TRP directly?

2. If I move my mortar team during a game how is it they can still fire at a TRP? In CMx1 wasn't the TRP null and void for a mortar team if they moved to simulate the data going out the window?

1. If I want to shoot my mortar at a TRP I have to have the mortar HQ or higher ask for it. Why cant I just go to the mortar team and request the shooting directly? I mean, you can target direct with a mortar team if you have LOS so why cant they shoot a TRP directly?

How can the mortar teams know there is a target at TRP and it's the right time to fire if nobody tells them?

2. If I move my mortar team during a game how is it they can still fire at a TRP? In CMx1 wasn't the TRP null and void for a mortar team if they moved to simulate the data going out the window?

Good point, only mortar teams that never moved should get the bonus firing at TRP location.

"How can the mortar teams know there is a target at TRP and it's the right time to fire if nobody tells them?"

Same way as their HQ that is sitting 10 meters in front of them with no LOS to TRP knows. You. As far as I know it NOBODY has to have LOS to the TRP for you to order a strike there.

Steve,

Any official word on this please?