ford question

i was tooling around with the editor and noticed the fords i placed across the water were invisible! is this supposed to be the case? or is it just the graphic settings for the capabilities of my computer?

at first i didnt think they had even placed at all, until i looked from under the water.... i guess in any water based scenario i play i will need to scour the rivers and creeks from below to find any fords that may be available.. :(

ford2.jpg

ford1.jpg

ford3.jpg

Easiest way I've found thus far to find fords while playing is to initiate plotting a movement order, and then place the mouse pointer over the water, making sure that the action spot you're hovering over is a full-out water action spot, and not actually an action spot that's mostly riverbank, with just a little bit of water. If it's a ford, the mouse pointer will be the usual green one that you get when plotting a movement order. If it's regular water that can't be moved through, the mouse pointer will change to the red "no-go" icon. You can actually just sweep the mouse along a stream and find any ford tiles very quickly this way.

Of course, if you want to tell the difference between infantry-only and vehicle fords, you need to select the appropriate type of unit.

Also, the banks will be less steep around fords and scenario designers usually put an indication of their existence, either an outright label or a hint in the form of different bank textures or paths leading down to the ford.