Newbie Amazed!!!

I've hunted for years and years for a game like this and spent hundreds of pounds of my well earned cash in an attempt to find not only a turn based game but one that you can play via email. Finally they came along

CMBO and CMBB!!!

I haven't bought or played anything else since. It's nice to see a company stand out from the crowd and produce a 'turn' based game with such quality. None of this 'real time' stuff that seems to be the norm these days, none of these graphic hungry first person shooters that you need a computer from NASA to run and none of the junk that is dumped onto the market to make kids part with their pocket money only to find it isnt what it says on the tin.

BATTLEFRONT I SALUTE YOU!

Right that's that out of the way. smile.gif

Just a couple of points that I hope either the forum could answer or even the designers themselves :cool:

1. Could you not patch CMBO with the same updates as CMBB, making them the same engine but obviously giving you the option of different fronts.

2. I've noticed that there is no option to point a tanks turret one way whilst driving the vehicle the other. This often causes a delay whilst the turret turns to face the target which can result in it's loss.

3. The engine quality in this game is amazing, will we see a boom in the range of different CM wars, maybe introducing a fantasy element.

4. One last thing, I think an option box on the start up menu would help, giving options to change things such as sound, graphics, keyboard short cuts and director changes for email saves. This will help users tweak the game to the settings required for their computer.

This is my first post so please be gentle if it's all been answered before.

Thanks

Paul

In answer to question 2, you do this by using the covered arc command - keeping the tank gun pointed in the centre of the blue arc - no matter which way the hull is facing. The manual covers this in the Tutorial for the "Jaegermeister" scenario.

Rob

Monkey Boy,

Welcome to CM....be prepared to lose a lot of your time(I couldn't say waste ;) ) playing this addiction.

To answer your questions;

1)No, but the version your asking for is on its way, CMAK or Combat Mission Africa/Italy

2)In CMBO there isn't, in CMBB, as pointed out, there is.

3)CMAK is due in fall '03, CM 2 (or is it 3?) will be a completely new engine, bigger, better, faster is due next year. There will be no fantasy editons, BFC has stated that they are about WWII and reality....that's it.

4) well there has been lot's of suggestions as to how to improve upon the actual interface but to date, this is it. BFC are champions when it comes to listening to their paying customers whine and often times when we are right they have made the changes, great game/great company.

Again welcome aboard and good hunting,

KC

Monkey_Boy

Welcome to the world of CM. I hope you enjoy it as in buying CMBB you've just lost a large chunk of whatever you used to call reality ;)

Always nice to see another UK player hitting the forum !!

Before you know it you'll be just like the rest of us ...... Driving through the countryside enjoying the day, when suddenly your thinking ...... that would make an excellent ambush position for a StuG !!! tongue.gif

One word of advice ..... Its wise to avoid any thread with 'PENG' in the title. If you read their posts and dont understand whats going on its much better to just leave.

You've seen the movies with the deranged relative who is kept locked in the attic ...... need I say more !