Deploying troops and changing time allocated per battle

How the fack do you deploy troops, in terms of placing them where I want, at the beginning of battle. Isn't there a way to deploy them or place them at a different location then where they are initially located at start? Hot keys makes no mention of deploy options...left click drag doesn't work?

The first training mission is locked at 45 mins? How can i change the time as I'm struggling to figure out the UI and movement orders etc?

I figured this out last night. Just select the unit and give them a move order then click wherever you want to place them in the map (with in the deployment zone) and they will be placed there. Give them another move order outside of the deployment zone and they will start moving when the turn starts. Looks like they've combined both the deployment and initial move phase into one turn.

How the fack do you deploy troops, in terms of placing them where I want, at the beginning of battle. Isn't there a way to deploy them or place them at a different location then where they are initially located at start? Hot keys makes no mention of deploy options...left click drag doesn't work?

The first training mission is locked at 45 mins? How can i change the time as I'm struggling to figure out the UI and movement orders etc?

There's no deployment area in the intro mission. You have to start with them where you're given. This shouldn't be too much hardship though; no German units have LoS to your starting location, and you can maneuver without interference til you've set up your axis of advance.

You can't change the time either, I'm afraid. If you're struggling with the interface, you might be better with Turn-based play to start with, or just throw any inhibitions you may have about pausing right out the window, if you're more comfy with RT play :) Doesn't really matter though, since if the game beats you, that's cos you're learning. While the opposition are puny, I think the game's AI and environment is sufficiently challenging that anyone new to the game might get their head handed to them.

Well hopefully there will be an easier way to deploy troop placement at the beginning of scenarios, something similar to C.Combat placement/deployment. Waiting for troops to "move" to a location to determine LOS, and if thats where I want them to start, is tedious and obnoxious.

Any way to change the time from 45min to something longer in the training mission? (Edit- strange there is no option to adjust time)

Any way to start turn-based vs real time options? (havent found this in the manual yet)

Well hopefully there will be an easier way to deploy troop placement at the beginning of scenarios, something similar to C.Combat placement/deployment. Waiting for troops to "move" to a location to determine LOS, and if thats where I want them to start, is tedious and obnoxious.

You don't have to wait for them to move there in most scenarios. In most scenarios there's a deployment area, and if you select a unit, choose any movement order and click the destination within the deployment area the unit pops straight there, and you can immediately do LOS checks.

And you don't have to wait for a unit to get to a place to do LOS checks anyway. You can select waypoints and do LOS checks from that waypoint. The line originates graphically from the unit's current location, but the calculations are performed from the waypoint's location. It's a pain, though, that you have to set the waypoint, rightclick out of waypoint placement, reselect the unit and then left click the waypoint.

Any way to change the time from 45min to something longer in the training mission? (Edit- strange there is no option to adjust time)

No there isn't. The only way to change the length of a scenario is to edit the scenario. It's a scenario and its time constraints are part of the scenario's parameters. If you could extend the time allowed, the VPs would have to be changed, since it all gets that little bit easier.

Any way to start turn-based vs real time options? (havent found this in the manual yet)

It's on the splash screen at the start of the scenario. Once you've picked an option it remembers it for future games.

No there isn't. The only way to change the length of a scenario is to edit the scenario. It's a scenario and its time constraints are part of the scenario's parameters. If you could extend the time allowed, the VPs would have to be changed, since it all gets that little bit easier.

And in general, the AI plan is written with the time constraint in mind.

It makes the probable advance times of the attacking force a bit predictable, so counter attacks can be scripted.

If the time of the scenario changes drastically, the AI plan would have a larger probability to become ineffective.

More specific triggers for AI actions than the clock would improve this situation, but that is for the future.