Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Another silly naval exploit

One of the advantage of being a newbie and playing a SC veteran is to witness the tried and true strategies. My opponent sent the bulk of the German fleet into the Baltic (that's fine) but then he proceeded to surround the ports with dreadnoughts, pound the facility until zero strength then apparently you can just destroy the ship inside the port as if it is not in port. This is ridiculous. Military ports are just that, havens protected by seacoast guns and mines. The whole Russian fleet is just a free lunch to the German player. You put to sea, you just die faster. If this kind of port attack is going to be allowed the consequences need to be far heavier than just the 'once in a blue moon' step loss to the bombarder.

Is he not taking damage as he pounds the port?

It should be the case, and if not then we can bump up the port defence stats. I generally find it a little painful to do this, and not necessarily worth the cost depending on the situation.

I thought bombarding ports was supposed to be expensive, too, (not worth it in the long run) but he is getting away with it almost scot free. Last turn, the German fleet pounded this one port with four dreadnoughts/battleships, destroyed the port and the fleet within, and didn't suffer a single step loss that I could see.