Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

So far, I've noticed the v1.01 AI is appreciably better. It constructs a continuous defense in depth in the west and diligently entrenches (v 1.0 often left stretched unfortified). Also, I haven't noticed the bane of all AIs that was present in 1.0 - namely the kill zones. Say you have an unoccupied tile between the lines. The AI becomes obsessed with that hex or tile for no apparent reason and keeps pouring units into it turn after turn after turn even though they get all destroyed immediately. It ruins the vs. AI game. At least so far, I haven't noticed this in 1.01.

The Russians are also more aggressive in E. Prussia, at least from the eastern edge of the salient. The AI basically just garrisoned the cities in Poland and sent everything into Galicia and E. Prussia. We'll see how it turns out. However, the Russians don't seem to be reinforcing the Galicia front after their initial success there, as I am pressing them out of the province in early 1915 with Austrians alone (even with large A-H forces tied up in Serbia and Italy).