Sneaksie/1C developers: help with mission/map editor

Greetings,

Now that we cannot change the territory size over 2km x 2km, I am trying to add a few more villages and hilltops to an existing map. When I use the MissionEditor, I can select zones, flags, spawn areas, etc. However, I cannot add another village to an empty portion of the map. All I want to do is copy/paste an existing small village and add it to the map.

Also, I want to add a couple of small hills (again, copy/paste of existing hills on the map would be fine).

I want to do these tasks because in Multiplayer games, it is very annoying to have units start shooting at each other right off the bat when the game begins. I want to create more obstacles such as hills and more hideouts such as villages to somehow shield the 2 armies from immediate engagement which kills the realism factor for me.

Is there a way to do this?

Please advise.

Over.

To change the placement of static objects like houses and alter the map itself use Map Editor (Builder.exe). You can copy houses and place them somewhere else, there is no way to copy an entire village or a hill. To create a hill, use the landscape tool to morph landscape.

To change the placement of static objects like houses and alter the map itself use Map Editor (Builder.exe). You can copy houses and place them somewhere else, there is no way to copy an entire village or a hill. To create a hill, use the landscape tool to morph landscape.

Thank you for quick response.

Is there a document or tutorial on using "Builder.exe". I can see the terrain but need to learn how to morph or create landscape feature such as hills and mountains. The game maunal doesn't mention anything about the "builder".

Thanks.

over.

Yes, I have Kursk as well. I will try to find the manual there.

BTW, I have already figured out the static objects like bunkers and houses, however, the terrain objects like creating hills is not that intuitive without the manual so hopefully I can learn it from the manual.

Thanks for the help.

Over and out.