Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Russia in Call to Arms - constrained colossus?

I just finished another Entente game of Call to Arms vs. the AI. Even after having a few Russian corps destroyed by the AI during the game, I was never allowed the opportunity to rebuild the lost inf. corps or buy new ones for the length of the scenario (for infantry corps, I may be interpreting this wrong -- perhaps Bill can help -- but the scenario's build limit appears to be LESS than the total number of inf. corps that appear in the game at start, after mobilization, and from reinforcement/triggered events - on the purchase units screen the available inf. corps number was actually negative at game's end even though I never built/rebuilt a single inf. corps!).

Surely, a human player would not allow me so much free opportunity to build up the Russian army but it seems the design limits are maybe too tightly constraining when one takes into account my huge numbers of MMPs by 1917, high NM (in the mid 70s), and massive Mother Russia manpower reserves yet not be able to expand the army.

I figured Bill did not want the size of the Russian army to get out of hand during the game, but the resulting limits seems to me a bit too harsh.