2 trophy CM: Battle for Normandy courtesy Battlefront

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved a scenario called Al Huqf Engagement for the next CMSF round of the tourney, im not in it anymore so im not sure why i was sent it, however i would like to know if this CMSF scenario for Round 2 is being played by each player as Red and Blue so one player plays one game as Red and another game as Blue and the scores are added up or one player plays Red and one player plays Blue and the winner goes through to the final ?

You are in the red side, the sides change turns in each phase

Firstly im not even in anymore because i gave up during the first round because the scenario was deeply flawed, i was the attacker and had a vehicle heavy force that needed to cut its way through a massively built up area with only a small amount of infantry and just 25 turns, the deployment areas were so restricted i had to waste valuable turns just trying to get in a good position to attack this meant that i was forced to move even more quickly than i first thought and therefore it was easy for my opponent to ambush my vehicles, also one of the victory locations was right at the back of the map which was very badly conceived.

My opponent agreed with me as well about the imbalance.....my tournament name is mash by the way.

Creating balanced scenarios for SF is a lot harder than in any other version of CM and the first one was badly designed, now i look at the second one and that is just as bad unless there are two games in the round with both sides getting to play Blue as the force balance is none existant.

It looks like this tournament is going to be decided by luck not skill, this tournament should have been mirrored with both sides playing the same scenario twice, one as Red the other as Blue, then it would be a test of skill not who is lucky enough to get the side with the advantage.

Just look at the scenario for Round 2, Blue gets more men, more weapons, better weapons, better experience levels and better armor, whats the idea behind that ?

I appreciate the attempt at doing something like this but if you are going to set up a tournament, especially with such a good prize, it's essential that the battles give each player an equal chance of winning otherwise players will leave with a bitter taste in their mouths and will be wary of getting involved with something like this again.

It looks like this tournament is going to be decided by luck not skill, this tournament should have been mirrored with both sides playing the same scenario twice, one as Red the other as Blue, then it would be a test of skill not who is lucky enough to get the side with the advantage.

Just look at the scenario for Round 2, Blue gets more men, more weapons, better weapons, better experience levels and better armor, whats the idea behind that ?

Packito, a ver si respondes a estas cosas, que clama al cielo. Si quieres te lo traduzco.

Packito, a ver si respondes a estas cosas, que clama al cielo. Si quieres te lo traduzco.

In the first instance asked the same question noob Forum Panzerzug and replied in perfect English,

http://www.panzerzug.es/pzg/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,55/topic,4212.15/

apart from the designer's explanation that these are Spanish language. We also invite all participants to read the tournament rules and philosophy with which it was created. These rules are also translated into perfect English.

Tournament philosophy

We believe that this type of tournament is as open as possible, providing players with little experience to compete with the great gurus of CM, so for example there may be a somewhat unbalanced scenario in which a very experienced player could go badly before an inexperienced player or may also in itself can provide that in the first round of qualifying potential finalists , etc.

I sincerely believe that if there is a problem on the progress of the tournament should clarify Panzerzug Forum

We are invited by Battlefront to report on the progress of the tournament.

We believe that this type of tournament is as open as possible, providing players with little experience to compete with the great gurus of CM, so for example there may be a somewhat unbalanced scenario in which a very experienced player could go badly before an inexperienced player or may also in itself can provide that in the first round of qualifying potential finalists , etc.

So if you admit there are unbalanced scenarios how do you know who is the more experienced player ? What if these great gurus of CM dont play in it, there were only 8 players in the SF first round, where any of them CM gurus ?

It's a bad way of doing it in my opinion, dont skew the tournament so bad players can beat good players, just create a level playing field and let the best player win.

So if you admit there are unbalanced scenarios how do you know who is the more experienced player ? What if these great gurus of CM dont play in it, there were only 8 players in the SF first round, where any of them CM gurus ?

It's a bad way of doing it in my opinion, dont skew the tournament so bad players can beat good players, just create a level playing field and let the best player win.

It is designed almost like a lottery among participating players (philosophy). We note your opinion as well as other participants Panzerzug.

We also invite you to your website to participate in diverse events Panzerzug. I think it's a very interesting site. If you want we can announce Panzerzug.

It is designed almost like a lottery among participating players (philosophy). We note your opinion as well as other participants Panzerzug.

We also invite you to your website to participate in diverse events Panzerzug. I think it's a very interesting site. If you want we can announce Panzerzug.

Well a lottery is about luck not skill :(

We have finalists for the tournament Normandy (Shock Force)

joselillopdl (spanish player)

mano (italian player)

FINALTorneoNormandy.gif

Gentlemen, start with a great truth: palmam Ferat qui meruit. Following the exemplary first two rounds, reached the Final. We sent the final stage and our champions wax can give and receive the highest level. Hopefully that will encourage and make us an AAR of confrontation or at least a small summary. And it's not every day you see a final like this.

As usual I will update the State Board of items that you go posting as sending setups and the start of the games. Not sure you post any setback you have.

The pairings for this event are:

joselillopdl (spanish player)

mano ( italian player)

START DATE ROUND 3:

The official start date of the FINAL of Normandy will be 24 hours of 07/05/1911. The stage will be sent along to the players 07/05/11 will start at the games regardless of who sends the setup. The game will mirror..

SHIPPING SETUPS, SHIFTS AND TIME:

1 - The game will be played in mirror.

2 - The games will be played in PBEM mode or TCP / IP, or alternatively for game development

3 - The participants shall report in the forum the delay in answering your opponents, if the need arises.

4 - The items must be completed in within 12 days. Deadline for completing the games: 24 hours of 19/05/1911.

6 - Match results will be posted on the forum with a screenshot of the final result.

Good luck to all.

Greetings!!!

Trofeo-Normandy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In a fought final, Villa (Mexican player) has won Davil (Argentinian player) The prize of a copy of Normandy is going to Mexico.

Congratulations Villa

Thanks Battlefront, Martin, Steve and the entire team for this tournament sponsorizar has been very successful in our web.

FinalTNCM.gif

Final torneo CMX1

Davil_axis_vs_villa_allies.jpg

Davil_axis_vs_villa_allies

villa_axis_vs_Davil_allies.jpg

Villa_axis_vs_Davil_allies