Looking for key strokes associated to game icons

I realize that there are hotkeys which can be activated by key stroke but there are a few icons which I can't locate the correct key or key combination.

I would like to find the appropriate keys for all the Instant Commands. HALT/CANCEL/EVADE.

I would also like to find the appropriate key combination for the MENU mode. (This pops up the SAVE, CEASEFIRE, QUIT and HOTKEYS options)

It is possible that there is no equivalent key(s), but I would like to ask this question just in case there are more key commands than what is listed in the game manual.

Paulverisor64

I think you might be out of luck. I had a look at the Shock Force manual. There is a section on customizing hotkeys at page 21:

Customizing hotkeys

CM:SF allows you to customize the hotkeys to your liking. In order to do so, browse into your game directory and open the "Data" folder. You will find a file there called "hotkeys.txt". Open this file in a text editor program. You will see entries for Camera controls, the base Command keys, and various other controls there. Each language has a different default. A tag indicates the language, e.g. <E> for English, <F> for French, <G> for German etc.

In order to change the default hotkey, simply edit this file and save it in the same location...

The hotkeys.txt file in my CMFS data directory had the following keys assignments:

Camera Keys

// camera forward motion

<E>W

<F>Z

// camera slide left

<E>A

<F>Q

// camera slide right

<E>D

// camera backward motion

<E>S

// camera rotate left

<E>Q

<F>A

// camera rotate right

<E>E

// camera turn 180 degrees

<E>V

// camera raise elevation

<E>R

// camera lower elevation

<E>F

// camera zoom out

<E>Z

<G>Y

<F>W

// camera zoom in

<E>X

// camera wide-angle/regular angle toggle

<E>C

Misc Keys

// select previous unit

<E>-

// select next unit

<E>=

<G>+

// lower 3D Model Quality

<E>{

// increase 3D Model Quality

<E>}

// chat Message Toggle

<E>`

Command Keys Direct

<E>B // move fast

<E> // move quick

<E>N // move normal

<E> // move slow

<E> // move hunt

<E> // move assault

<E>\ // move reverse

<E> // move blast

<E> // move mark mines

<E>T // target

<E>Y // target light

<E> // target arc

<E> // NOT USED

<E>G // face

<E> // target smoke

<E>/ // deploy

<E>P // pause

<E>H // hide

<E>[ // dismount

<E> // bail out

<E>] // vehicle open up

<E>; // pop smoke

<E> // acquire

<E> // divide teams

<E> // assault team

<E> // antitank team

<E> // scout team

<E> // vehicle team

It appears from this that you can assign addtional hot keys (or change the existing ones) but only to the extent of the commands listed in this file.

You might try looking at this thread: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=84362 in which the gods of the Combat Mission forums discuss their adventures in hot key binding. Perhaps a post in that thread will get you a more helpful reply.

user 38: I appreciate your checking for what I could not find. It appears that the lower Menus directory and the 3 Instant commands just can not be tied to a hotkey. I think there are other commands as well such as setting an artillery strike that can't be hot keyed.

In having the conversation with you in your G700 thread I'm sure that you can see what I was trying to do. I'd like to tie all the key strokes to my N52 to free up from having to drag the mouse into the command interface area. I am quite happy with the relative key layout which I did program into my N52, as that takes care of the majority of the command interface. However I like to see just how far I can customise things.

I didn't notice anyone who was searching for the icon equivalents in the thread you attached, but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to ask a question there as well as in this forum.

Thank you