Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

game locks up

This ortta be on the tech forum, but I also have an intermittent lockup. Now, mine may be due to an IRQ conflict. Periodically, when starting loading up a PBEM file, the game will lockup somewhere in the loadup sequence, and then freezes the system.

On mine, it may be due to the USB and Audigy2 both using IRQ 10, and neither one will let me change the IRQ. Odd though, that nothing else on my system is experiencing this problem, just CMBB. (Not CMBO or any other program, just CMBB).

However, the problem was there prior to the patch, and only started after I installed the Audigy2, which then grabbed IRQ 10, which the USB host controller also uses.

Reminds me of that commercial. Dohhh, hi I'm Bruno Weiss and I can't figer out all them thar buttons and whistles, and them flashing lights is so confusing, so I got a MAC and now I dun havta thunk.

We need the PC Professor!

[ November 25, 2002, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]