Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

OS X 10.2 and classic 9.1 question...

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Are you getting video rendering from your card at all, or software rendering? If only the latter, it sounds like you need to look around your extension set for the Classic RAVE extension and disable it.

I'm assuming you are rebooting in 9 before you launch CM...?

Michael

Umm, I don't know, all I did was launch 9.1 (in classic with X also running) and open CM: BO (I did have classic RAVE disabled). If what you mean is did I have to choose the 9.1 system folder as startup disk and restart, no, I didn't do that.

IIRC

CMBO CAN run under Classic

but only in software rendering (thus 640x480)

try choosing the 9.1 system folder in

the Start-up Disk Control Panel

if you start directly into OS9

you should get hardware rendering

(also make sure Classic Rave is Disabled)

You may also be able to force classic to stay at higher resolution by using a shareware utility called SwitchRes. I don't have the link handy, but you should be able to find it with a web search. There are different versions for OS9 and OSX. IIRC, I managed to force CMBO into any of my available resolutions (up to 1024x768) with switchres. You won't get transparency effects, since you're stuck in software rendering, but you can play without restarting.

I've never managed to get CMBB to work under OSX/Classic, though, even with switchres to try to force it to stay in higer res.