My boys just look TIRED...

My set-up:

PIV, 2g, 512MbRAM, 60g HD

Xtasy GeForce3Ti with (I'm pretty sure) 28.32Dets installed

My problem:

My infantry looks to be losing frames of animation or something because they're legs are moving REALLY fast during turn resolution. Again, when they're NOT running (I had em sneak just to be sure) they look like something out of a silent film.

My questions:

a) Can this be remedied?

B) More importantly, is it affecting the resolution of the game, i.e., is my turn resolving "faster" than it should or does CM:BO compensate for faster systems? Will this be an issue in multi-play?

Obviously, I CANNOT be without CM, so, any help appreciated.

Regards,

Jim

I'd assume that playback should be the same for almost any system regardless of speed (though some slow systems may show some jerky animation). A faster system shouldn't be playing the movie back faster than normal. Usually a video driver is the culprit with playback problems. Does your playback clock show any weird times within the 60 seconds ?

What OS are you running and did you install your current drivers over your previous ones ?

Many thanks for the reply...answers follow:

a) Windows ME

B) Yes, I sometimes get "odd" times during my 60 second replay...usually involves at least one hyphen. Figured it was a LAN anamoly.

c) Yes, I installed my 28.32's "over" the old drivers.

Thanks again,

Jim

I'm not sure if the following advice will do anything for you or just cause you to endure more grief...

You may want to uninstall your current video drivers. I can't recall off-hand if WinME recognizes GeForce cards with its native INFs or not. If there is no uninstall available in the Add/Remove Programs control panel, then you may need to perform your uninstall manually.

Uninstall the video card in the Device Manager, but don't reboot yet. Next in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory you'll want to search for files with the wildcard of NV*.*. This should find all of the NVidia related drivers and you can delete them (though you may want to do Properties on them to double-check). You'll also want to go to the C:\WINDOWS\INF and delete any NVidia/OEM provided INFs to detect your card (I saw one on my system that was NVAML.INF).

There is some registry editing that you can do too, but we'll skip that here (and hopefully it won't prove necessary). On reboot WinME will detect your card, but hopefully it won't attempt to load any drivers that aren't default to the OS. If you have the opportunity to pick drivers you may want to load up some generic SVGA ones. After this has finished (and possibly requiring a reboot) you'll want to reinstall DirectX 8.1 (even if you already have it installed). If you have a non-Intel chipset (such as VIA, ALI or SIS) you'll want to install/reinstall the chipset/AGP drivers. This can prove to be crucial with some motherboards and drivers. After the requisite reboot then install the 28.32 or some of the later betas (though the 28.32's should work fine and not provide any particular problems).

Before going through this process you'll want to download a copy of DirectX 8.1 from Microsoft and either the 28.32 drivers from NVidia or one of the newer betas from sites such as Guru3D. If you have a non-Intel chipset you'll want to download the latest chipset drivers too. I'd also suggest disabling any anti-virus protection and unloading as many running programs as possible (Ctrl-Alt-Del listing) to avoid interference during the process.

Hopefully this might solve your problem. However there is a good chance that it may do nothing for you other than to make you anxiously slave over your PC.

Happy good morning!

Although I didn't, at first, attempt the full registry flush suggested, I DID do a "VGA-install" uninstall that I remembered from, oh, a PC or 2 ago...I removed the drivers, reinstalled DX8.1, reinstalled the 28.32DETS and...

...no more problems...

My thanks,

Jim