Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB Lock Ups in map editor

Vapors

I was working on a scenario yesterday when I had CMBB lock up hard - control alt delete - rebooted machine. Each time I was in the map editor. I am running a pII 450 with 384 megs of RAM, Win98 SE2 , VisionTec gforce II 32 meg card with the latest drivers as of a month ago. Anyone else having lock up problems? The game runs fine otherwise. I have played the the tractor works scenario from start to finish twice and CMBB works great and is a thing of beauty so I was kind of surprised when the lock ups happened while map editing.

TTYL

Vapors

Did you have any problems while you were installing CMBB (errors, etc.) ?

The file count should be:

5847 files in the "BMP" folder

2324 files in the "WAV" folder

If this isn't correct, then your install didn't finish properly (though scenarios are the last thing to load, so this may be a dead end).

Is there something in particular that you're doing in the Editor that may be causing the lockup (placing a certain unit or terrain tile) ? Does this happen in the 2D screen or the 3D screen ?

I had no problems with the install and have all the files that are supposed to be there. The game locked up in two different places while editing - but both while PREVIEWING the map. That thought just occurred to me. It has only been in the map preview where I have had the issue. Other than that - the game has been rock solid for the 8 to 10 hours I have put into it.

TTYL

Vapors

Strange that a problem would popup in Previewing maps in 3D, but the game plays fine for hours.

Which driver version are you using (30.82's should be fine) ? How long has the game been on when you do your scenario editing ? Can you run into this problem with an empty map or are the maps very large ? Do you consistently run into problems previewing or only a couple of times ?