Anti-Fraud filter

Hi there,

I was trying to buy CMSF Brits, yet my payment order was declined.

A solution is described here [1] though I still want to ask here so that I don't do anything wrong.

The credit card I was trying to use was send to me by google because of my participation in Google Summer of Code.

Yet Google registered all the credit cards they send to the participants to their company address in the USA. Does that mean that I should enter that address -- despite me living not there -- when registering?

I'd also prefer to use that card instead of registering on paypal, since I live in a land having EUR as currency and on that card are USD I could save some fees.

[1] http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=178

Yet Google registered all the credit cards they send to the participants to their company address in the USA. Does that mean that I should enter that address -- despite me living not there -- when registering?

Probably yes. The anti-fraud filters compare your billing address to the address that the card is registered to. It needs to match exactly. You can enter a different shipping address (which would be your home address).

I'd also prefer to use that card instead of registering on paypal,

You do not have to register on Paypal in order to use Paypal and pay with credit card. Paypal will let you use a credit card through them a number of times without a Paypal account before they will ask you to register.

What you have to do is choose Paypal as payment method in our store, and on the Paypal page, instead of registering or logging in, click on the "Pay with credit card" link which is usually somewhere on the left side of the screen. The actual layout of that page seems to vary a little, but here is a screen (I google'd it).

pay_by_credit_card.gif

I had to use paypal to avoid some anti-fraud hiccups, even though I had entered 100% correct info.

You may have entered it 100% but the information that your credit card provider has may not be :) The anti-fraud filters take the information that is registered with your credit card provider and compare it with the billing address, ZIP, street number etc. that you use for the order. Even if you enter the latter 100% correctly, if the info we get from your credit card provider doesn't match, you'll be rejected.

Call the service number on the back of your card to make sure the information matches. I don't know for sure but I think it may take as little as having an extra appt. or unit number in there (even if the rest of the info is correct) to throw a red flag.