HELP !!!

I can't get CMBO to work on my new system. I have a athlon xp 1.8 running windows xp. full updates from microsoft and running a 64mb geforce 4 mx440. I tried updating the drivers to the new 44.03 but still get a black screen when trying to run CMBO. I messed around with some of the nvidia options shutting some off but to no avial.I have no idea what to do now. HELP !!!!!

Interesting problem.

After you installed CMBO and launched the game, did you get to a screen asking what screen preferences you want? "3D DirectX Test:..."

If so, which resolution did you select?

Which version of DirectX are you running? (Start - Run - DxDiag)

If you did not receive the "3D DirectX Test" screen, go to your CMBO directory and delete the "Combat Mission Bynd Ovr Prefs" 1k file (if it exists). Then try re-loading CMBO.

-Patrick

FWIW - I couldn't get CMBO to run after installing the 44.03 drivers over DirectX 9. Had to finally go back to the drivers before. Had a black screen, got ask about what screen res I wanted, and that's all the further it would go. Finally gave up, after trying some fixes listed here, and went back one generation of drivers.

prefs file doesn't exist. Also it wouldn't work before i installed the new drivers or directx 9. I never get to the resolution screen it goes black and nothing happens.Wondering if one of the updates i got from windows would be the cuase.

[ June 01, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Deadskin ]