Caen not an infantry game

Redjac

Sorry but I gotta say some things are not infantry friendly in Caen.

What's with grandma's picket fences? These really have to be coded to allow infantry passage.

Buildings....what happened here. In africa I could fire and throw grenades out the doors and windows. But Caen I have yet to see a trooper do any thing from a house except get shot. Houses should have had wider LOS, bigger windows, justify it as firing positions carved out.

And scavenging the panzer shrek. Nobody wants to pick it up. And it doesn't drag and drop into the weapon slot very easy, sometimes not at all.

I have to agree with Redjac re some of the apparently unrealistic limitations on infantry activity in built-up areas .

I agree about the lack of firing opportunities from inside houses and the overstrong picket fence and would add a third critical thought---this refers to the path-finding ability of infantry through some wall gateways . In many situations squads or sections find their way quite successfully to a new location via these gateways......but I have also met situations where squads or sections or some members of these have hunted very unsuccessfully to find and pass through these gateways (causing very bizarre ,unrealistic and unconvincing behaviour).

I am really impressed with much of the AI used when infantry units are moving and fighting through Normandy villages etc ..but would very much appreciate and urge some attention in a patch to these particular issues and the important defficiencies indicated above.

Cheers