Thank you HC and a WWI or future request...

First off let me just say how much I have enjoyed Strategic Command over the last few years. I think I have purchased just about every iteration of Hubert’s games* and have gotten countless hours of enjoyment from them (and the community AARs and forum boards actually!). There is no doubt in my mind that the only other games that have absorbed as much of my life are such classics as X-com, Fallout, Baldurs Gate, Mass Effect, and a few others but honestly, in terms of enjoyment received and time spent playing, HC’s games are right up there with some major heavy hitters.

While WWI doesn’t strike me as a particularly exciting period, I trust in HC’s work and will very likely buy a copy. Not being much of a grognard, I thought WWI was mostly trench warfare punctuated by moments of non-exploited tech advances (tanks, chemical warfare, machine gun, etc..)

My future feature request for consideration would be to have a button that brought up the historical background behind some of the options or events that trigger. For example, the other day I was playing and I triggered “Operation Drumbeat” because my axis subs started raiding along the USA east coast. I had no idea. I googled it and read more about it on wikipedia and was really surprised/intrigued. Another one was the whole Fort Du Prince (?) option for 450mps with regard to a small island that held the French treasury after France fell. Another bit I had no idea about and was intrigued to read about. I would prefer if it could happen in-game though.

It would be nice though to have a historical button that brought up some pictures/text regarding the event similar to what might be pulled from a public info site. It might talk about the historical choice made for say India/Governor/Congress declares war on axis event, as well as hints on the effects or repercussions of the non-historical choice.

My last point is that occasionally I would do something that triggered a volatile or strong reaction. The problem is that I had no idea it would occur. It might be nice to have a minister or intelligence officer who could assist and say “Sir, are you sure you wish to launch an attack against X? It is likely that the USA will view an invasion of X with great alarm...” For others, a toggle would turn off advisor comments.

In any case, thank you HC and I look forward to your future releases!

--AOM

*I think the only one I missed was Pacific Command. Not sure why. I find it humorous that when I played Global Command my Axis-German plans were a well choreographed series of lightning attacks while my Japanese strategy is clearly a floundering pile of poo of half-starts and stops. Heh. ;)

That "advisor" feature would be a mighty nice addition, especially for our novice players, or those with little historical background, might catalyze some thoughts into lessons of the past and how they apply to the future.

Unfortunately our lawyer, "vulture culture" would jump on Hubert right away with a law suit if he were to link up some historical enhancements for profit, so likely you'll have to continue your own research.

Think about it a little more sc and you'll eventually see how the Japanese need to proceed, examine the map, contemplate the possibilities, and use the historical lessons to guide you, your clarity will increase.:)