Add a new downloaded battle

Okay, so I've checked the manual, searched the forums, search google, and checked the Online Help to see if I could find something about this. I downloaded a new battle, unzipped and placed the .cme file into the scenarios folders. But when I startup CMBB it doesn't display the new misison in the menu.

The manual mentions this in the troubleshooting section, saying it's picking up the missions from the CD...recommending to start CMBB from the installed directory... so I start CMBB from the installed directory and it still doesn't appear.

What is the correct procedure please. I remember doing this quite easilly in CMBO a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure what's going on in CMBB. :confused:

Any help welcome.

WWB, yeah, the scenario I downloaded said it was created in version 1.0

i.e. from

http://ns9.super-hosts.com/~dragonlair.net/combatmission/

Scenario Name B&T Hedgehog Hell

Version 1.0

And I'm running 1.0 (and I can't upgrade cause I I'm currently playing some 1.0 PBEM's (well that was the story with CMBO's PBEM's) Shoot. Can this be the only reason you think?

Thanks,

No, the versions on the scenario HQ are the versions of the scenario, not the version of CMHQ.

I happen to have been involved with making that scenario, it was made using 1.03.

Now, regarding the PBEM thing, it is easy to workaround it. Just make a copy of your 1.0 executable, calling it say CMBB_100.exe. Then install the patch. Shortcuts you had will go to the patch, but should you need to open 1.0, you just need to use that file.

You can also upgrade a PBEM in progress by:

1) Open in older version of CM.

2) Save the game.

3) Open saved game in newer version of CM.

4) Finish turn and send PBEM file.

Opponent will need to upgrade too obviously.

WWB

Originally posted by WWB:

No, the versions on the scenario HQ are the versions of the scenario, not the version of CMHQ.

I happen to have been involved with making that scenario, it was made using 1.03.

WWB

Ohh.. that makes sense. Thanks very much. And I look forward to playing the battle once I've upgraded. I checked out "Boots and All" also. I liked the way you can see the scenario in a preview screen. :D

Also, should I assume all battles are only 1.03 compatible?

Cheers.

[ February 29, 2004, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Prankster ]