Vehicle IED Testing

I thought I would do a little testing of VIED's because I came across a disturbing situation in one of my games. In testing I also uncovered a little bug (if you want to call it that).

1. No matter what the civilian density is, If a VIED does not move it seems you will never detect it. I had an HQ squad and fireteam sitting 25 meters from the spot that I put a VIED (with no move orders) for 25 minutes with no spot at all. They were facing it, rested, elite, yada yada yada. The civilian density was "light". I understand the reasoning behind this because it COULD happen IRL that you could never notice these cars if they dont move. But I say you WOULD notice them if they were sitting in the middle of the road! A questionable opponant could have several of these things parked all over the place and you would never be able to avoid them. I guess you just wouldnt play that guy again! Not a big deal but certainly open for abuse.

2. POSSIBLE BUG. Even if your guys dont see the Spy or VIED they talk as if they do! They will constantly say over and over again "Vehicle spotted!" or "Infantry spotted!" even though there is nothing in sight. LOL! Maybe an easy fix for BFC if they want to do it. OR you can just pretend that someone in your squad is a little psychic and has a baaaaaaaddddddd feeling! LOL.

FWIW

on point number 1 its due to the fact that there are no civilian elements shown in game however VBIEDs are basically civilian.

All the KO'd taxis and pickups you see in game are essentially still military units, if a game doesn't have them you have to imagine civilian vehicles parked up, this effect we're seeing there is just an unfortunate side effect of not being able to explicitly model civilian units

I understand that. What I was pointing out here is watch the nafarious scenario designer or opponant that puts a VIED in the middle of any obvious chockpoint and not let it move. You have zero chance to spot it and it will kill everything.

At least an normal IED has a higher failrate and needs a triggerman alive. A VIED doesnt!