NeoMagic Card Issue

I'm trying to run CM on my laptop (yes, I know I am a glutton for punishment). The laptop is an IBM 600E that has a NeoMagic Media 256AV card in it. I am willing to live with the slideshow frame rates you get with software rendering, but all of the white colors in the game are also rendered in green . Needless to say, this takes a lot of fun out of the game. Anyone else had this problem and done something to resolve it?

I already updated to DX 7a and updated the drivers to the latest release with no improvement.

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

• 5 months later...

NeoMagic typically doesn't provide "reference/generic" drivers since they claim that the drivers are highly modified for each laptop manufacturer (about the same as every other laptop video chip manufacturer).

However there is a place to get some generic drivers from (WinDrivers). I don't know how old these drivers may be in relation to the ones you already have. There is also a possibility that these drivers may not work properly. So get the latest release from your laptop manufacturer before installing these.

WinDriver's NeoMagic 256AV driver download:

http://www.windrivers.com/script/drivers.asp?company=256av

You may also want to try DirectX 8.0 to see if it helps, but I'd suggest the above driver or the latest release from your laptop manufacturer first.

Microsoft DirectX 8.0:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=25685

Thanks Schrullenhaft!

I've already tried DirectX v8...I'll give the generic drivers a chance.

I also read on another thread about reducing the desktop color pallet to 256 colors before starting the game. Not sure if this is the trick...I remember reading that CMBO was 16-bit color, so not sure what this will accomplish.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!