UK The Full Monty

Played this mission for the first time last night and was promptly waxed when I attempted to move my infantry into the objective zones. How should I approach these areas, given that so many of the enemy formations have a high skill and morale rating? Should I be holding back my heavy artillery to take down enemy strongpoints?

Oh yes, that beast : ) One of paper tigers finest works IMO, all I can suggest it be very very slow, try and keep casualties to a minimum as you will take them as you start getting into the built up areas, so don't take them in the open.

Yes use your arty for strongpoints, use the mortars you get for quick reaction against the troops you'll see on the rooftops

Really nice signature.

Thanks. :D He's a good friend of mine.

Anyways, back to the mission. Man, this is a tough one. I thoroughly plastered the three capture zones with my 155mm artillery until hardly a building was left standing. I moved in my infantry formations intact, expecting nothing more than having to mop up. Nope. Still plenty of enemies wanting to put up a fight. In the end, I was handed a Minor Defeat, because 1(!) enemy solider was in one cap zone, and 3 were in another. Gah! Not to mention, all of their health levels were listed as yellow.

Anyhow, I'm mostly pleased with my performance. Asking these tiny British infantry formations to tackle highly skilled and motivated Special Forces units is a tall order.