Hangups, screen blizzards - may not be a problem

I installed CMAK 3 days ago. I have been trying out the tutorial and find it a very good game. Frustratingly, in this time I have had 2 hangups and my partner (she has another PC setup pretty much identically to mine) had a 'screen blizzard' through which she could just make out enough to exit the game. The blizzard continued even after she exited the game.

I have a 32M Matrox Millennium G450 dual-head video card. The latest Matrox problem I can see on your site is with a G200 in 2001. Still,

on the basis that many of the problems in this forum appear to be graphics-related, I have just installed Matrox' latest patch for the G450 - 5.93.009. That may solve the problem.

In case it doesn't, or if anyone else has any ideas, here is the makeup of my PC: Op Sys Win 2000 SP4 256M memory; Motherboard EPoX 8KTA3 (SktA); Chip AMD Athlon Thunderbird 850Mhz; Video 32M Matrox Millennium Dual Head G450 – English; Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1

Thanks

The latest driver may help with the problem. I haven't experienced any particular problems with the Matrox cards and their drivers in the past. You may want to install the VIA Hyperion 4-in-1 chipset drivers (I'd recommend v. 4.43 for a KT133A chipset).

There might be some CMOS/BIOS setup settings you can adjust that may make a difference to your problem (or especially your friend's problem). In the Advanced portion of the setup there are some settings for AGP: Video RAM Cacheable, AGP Aperture Size, AGP-4X Mode, AGP Driving Control & AGP Fast Write. You may want to experiment with some of these settings, with the exception of AGP Driving Control if it is set to Auto already (an incorrect value can prevent you from booting up).