German mission #4

Wow, surprised to see a German air assault mission! Was not expecting that.

And did the regiment commander pick a worse LZ? In the middle of a field! This will be a most challenging mission and I expect that I will have a good number of KIA, no matter what approach I take. I can't think of a way of avoiding interdiction by enemy mortars other than jogging 1500 meters across an open field and hopefully suppressing anything that shoots at me by shooting and scooting.

Why did they take away the PZHs :(

The howitzers are not there, because the airfield is too far away from the own ground-troops.

The airfield-mission is one of the best i think, attack some minor targets at the edge at the beginning with the Elite-Hochgebirgsjägerzug, destroy the GMGs and the heavy MGs of the Syrians with mortars and use the later arriving 4x TOW- and Maschine-cannon Wiesels intensly for killing enemies in houses.

Doing so, you will not have much problems solving the mission! :)

Greets, MARS42

Yeah - so I just finished the mission. Didn't get much use out of the Wiesels, had half of the platoon become combat ineffective when something sniped the crew out of them from 1000+ meters. The amazingly placed AGSs kill zones were very hard to overcome, mainly because my overwatching elements simply could not spot them. I had snipers, forward observers and my reserve platoon in overwatch and they did not spot any of them. I guessed where they were and shelled them or did area CAS requests with the apaches to knock them out. They caused about 15 wounds, 3 KIA but it could have been much worse, at one point there were grenades landing all throughout a platoon i was rushing toward an objective in column.

Probably the most challenging mission I have played so far. Very fun.