Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Game closing out, missing BMP files

Ok heres the prob, after adding some mods I was unhappy, and decided to uninstall and reinstall to go back to the default. Since there is no uninstall command for CMBB I deleted the folders it was in along with CMOS4.03, and started from scratch.

Now the Prob, since reinstall I cant use the M5 scout car, when I click on it, I get bumped out of the game, and the BMP files for the Pnz4 H,and J are missing.

Is thier a proper way to uninstall so that I can start over.

Before the first uninstall the game worked great.

I have a P3866 with 512mb Ram, using an ASUS 7700 geforce2 32mb vid card.

Just delete the entire directory of CMBB and leave nothing. There are no registry entries or anything else, so this should work without problem.

If you have the disk space you may want to copy the installer/extractor to your hard drive and run the install/extraction from there. All vehicles should be present. You'll of course want to apply whatever applicable patches too.

I don't think reformatting your hard drive was necessary for this problem.

Which version of CMBB are you running, the BFC (Internet) or the CDV (retail) version ? Which patch do you have installed ? During the extraction from the CD did you get any errors (not that I would expect any) ?

Is the game crashing when you're trying to load up these models with missing textures ? Have you installed and checked out CMBB without installing CMMOS ?

What dates are you using and what weather conditions ? What is the exact nature of the 'missing BMPs' ? Are the models not appearing at all or are there blank spots in them, etc. ?

Ok I figured it out, Iwas running the BFC version of the game 1.01, and installed the patch 1.02, but did not install the patch 1.01, and even though it says I should not have to install the patch, after installing 1.01, and then 1.02, game is back up to par.

Thank you for you help, I was going crazy for awhile.

P.S. it was the M-3 scout car and now it work's fine now to.