New Walkthroughs for Nato Module

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I failed the "Valhalla" (Walhalla) mission and still beat the campaign

Failing the final mission shouldn't necessarily mean that you failed the campaign. After all, your earlier results contribute something towards your final rating. Yes, I could have set it up so that a loss in Valhalla meant a loss in the campaign but I think the way I did it is fairer to the player who has struggled through some quite difficult missions to get there. I tend to think that a player who can get through to the final mission in a PT campaign has done really well and deserves a wee pat on the back ;)

Also I didn't play a mission called audacity before the current mission

'Kunheit!' is German for Audacity. That's my bad as one of the beta testers who can speak German posted a few revised names for the missions towards the end of testing and I elected to use his recommendations for some of my missions. By this time, of course, Webwing had posted the flow chart using the original names. That it is 'outdated' is not his fault at all. Any confusion that resulted is my responsibility.

edit to add:

BTW, are you going to post your playthrough of Valhalla? I'd really like to see how you approached that mission.

Yes, patience.

I decided to re-record it and pulled out a minor victory. That is what I am going to upload.

For the defeat one, I didn't interdict the special forces running into the AO properly (only partially), so they were able to dig in. Then inevitably the RPG-29 deathrays came and killed a few sections. Not much you can do about that. On the replay I tried to minimize casualties by splitting teams, but still took heavy casualties from RPGs.

I wish those Fuchs were around so I could loot their panzerfausts ^_^

tyrspawn,

I watched a few of your CMSF:Task Force Thunder missions but I am really enjoying your German ones. The missions themselves are better designed, but also you have changed your tactics considerably.

I would also highly recommend the Marines or Brits. Marines has a lot of great missions, with probably an exception on the final mission. The Brits campaign I found difficult to get into, but once you're past the first couple of missions there are some really great ones there.

You have also inspired me to do my own video AAR, once I find the hard drive space.

I own and have played through the british and marine modules - just never recorded them.

I may not record any more videos for some time, mainly because its more of a job than its worth. I know some people really enjoy these videos but the amount of time it takes to get them up is prohibitive. Maybe someone else can do the canadian/british/dutch campaigns.

Most annoying factors for me right now:

1. Lack of hard-drive space

2. Lack of a SSD

3. Having to reupload every video at least twice to get them on YouTube due to the horrible Advanced Uploader (the only thing that can upload big files) randomly stalling indefinitely during the upload proccess.

I just tried recording one in FRAPS, and even playing at a low resolution on 'Half Quality' it took up about 4GB for 20 minutes. ;o

I have an external drive I can dust off and record some videos, but your commentary is significantly better than what mine would be, especially with your knowledge of doctrine and tactics.