CMMOS Mod Issues

I installed CMMOS 4.03, apparently with no issues. I loaded CMMOS_Allied_Rulesets_v1.03, again apparently with no problems. Lastly, I downloaded a bunch of the Allied Vehicle mods (is there a quicker way to do that than only with individual downloads?). I configured the CMMOS and added the ruleset from a subdirectory. However, when I try to add many (80-90%) of the mods (all residing in a separate "mod" subdirectory, I get a "Mod not installed, check error log" sort of message. And when I check the log I get a "Mod is not CMMOS compatible" message (or something similar; I'm at work and can't quote verbatim). This can't(?) be right because many of the mods should work, including :confused: such as "AF_Cromwell_CMMOS" or "CMMOS Churchills v1". Every once in awhile one would be added okay, but there was no rhyme or reason to which ones would or would work properly.

Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone explain this and/or tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get it working?

Please help!

Thanks in Advance,

Rob

I can't even get the rulesets to load. Here is what I get in the log file:

WARNING: Could not open "d:\games\cmbb\CM Mod Option Selector\CMBB\RuleSet320\Description320-072.txt" for writing

ERROR: Unable to copy Description320-072.txt tod:\games\cmbb\CM Mod Option Selector\CMBB\RuleSet320\

WARNING: Could not open "d:\games\cmbb\CM Mod Option Selector\CMBB\RuleSet320\Description320-074.txt" for writing

ERROR: Unable to copy Description320-074.txt tod:\games\cmbb\CM Mod Option Selector\CMBB\RuleSet320\

Can someone throw me a bone here? :confused:

Sorry for the tardy reply, but I've only just noticed this. I may be able to help with a few of these....

Originally posted by Seydlitz:

I installed CMMOS 4.03, apparently with no issues. I loaded CMMOS_Allied_Rulesets_v1.03, again apparently with no problems.

Good.

Lastly, I downloaded a bunch of the Allied Vehicle mods (is there a quicker way to do that than only with individual downloads?).

Sadly not. And you'll also find those Sherman mods are far from complete (search for a fairly recent thread on the CMBO forum for a detailed solution).

I configured the CMMOS and added the ruleset from a subdirectory. However, when I try to add many (80-90%) of the mods (all residing in a separate "mod" subdirectory, I get a "Mod not installed, check error log" sort of message. And when I check the log I get a "Mod is not CMMOS compatible" message (or something similar; I'm at work and can't quote verbatim). This can't(?) be right because many of the mods should work, including :confused: such as "AF_Cromwell_CMMOS" or "CMMOS Churchills v1". Every once in awhile one would be added okay, but there was no rhyme or reason to which ones would or would work properly.

Some CMBO mods can be added via CMMOS in their zipped form - the majority can't. Just unzip the troublesome items, select the bmps and dump them all in your CMBO bmp folder. This should then activate the CMMOS buttons and the mods can be switched in and out.

Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone explain this and/or tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get it working?

Hopefully if you've not already solved the problem, this should point you in the right direction. It is worth the pain and effort though.

Teddy