Problems with Running eLicense

I just purchased NATO. I previously had Marines and British patched to 1.21. Installation was fine, but when I try to run the game I get the following error:

eLicense Control

In order to finish initializing, this application must first be run by a user with administrator privileges.

Please contact your system adminstrator for help. 0-3.

So went and double checked, and my user is the admin - its the only user on the computer. I even tried to run it 'as an adminstrator' but nothing ever happened.

Out of ideas?

Thanks

Chad

Chad, being the only user on the computer does not make you the admin. From Windows XP on, and even more strictly with Vista and W7, you have to run with "elevated" special permissions. It's a Microsoft "feature". At least as long as you have UAC (User account control) enabled, which it is by default.

Setting the game to launch as "Run as admin" is what will fix the problem. Disabling UAC will also solve it. If "nothing happens" even after you launch with "Run as admin", then something else may be interfering in addition to UAC. Check out our Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk for possible solutions. You can submit a support ticket there, too.

The NATO installer will not remove any files. It's not coded to do anything like that.

Look inside the Modules folder of your CMSF installation directory. Do you see the file "CMSF Marines Module.exe" there? Look into the Data folder - do you have the "Version 110 Marines.brz" file there?

If they're missing, then something removed it. It could be your anti-virus program.

The solution would be to reinstall Marines. But if you do that, you will downgrade your game, so you will really have to:

- install Marines

- install British

- patch to v1.21

- install NATO

Martin

Downloaded and installed NATO on 1.21 - had a bit of trouble getting E-license (2 times I got error not connected to internet ?) but on third try it did work and i got to the "launch now" screen - did check this box, but it didn't start it - showed only NATO symbol in the lower left corner, otherwise black screen and freeze - reboot PC and start CMSF but NATO is missing ..... restart and reinstall NATO - no E-license code was asked this time - after launch NATO is STILL missing ...... damn

Downloaded and installed NATO on 1.21 - had a bit of trouble getting E-license (2 times I got error not connected to internet ?) but on third try it did work and i got to the "launch now" screen - did check this box, but it didn't start it - showed only NATO symbol in the lower left corner, otherwise black screen and freeze - reboot PC and start CMSF but NATO is missing ..... restart and reinstall NATO - no E-license code was asked this time - after launch NATO is STILL missing ...... damn

Forget it - it works - installed in wrong folder

Heh... yeah, this can happen. The installer attempts to figure out the correct path from your registry, but this isn't failsafe, especially if you have retail version of CMSF, or also if you manually copied files. It's always good to doublecheck the install path. It HAS to match the place where your game is installed, otherwise, obviously, the module won't work correctly, or not even show up.