First time modder

Music should be in the first BRZ. Best thing to do to learn what the different files are named is to explode all the brz files and put them in separate folders...I have a bunch of folders titled Bmps Wavs 1.00....Bmps Wavs 1.10...and so on. From there you can see what everything is. But when doing a mod always check from last exploded brz to first to make sure something wasn't updated in a patch. You are safe with the music though...the file name has stayed the same.

Another way would be to DL a mod that is the same as what you want to do and just look at the naming convention.

You can't however change the individual names of soldiers within' the game...you can change the unit name though...You can also add extra names to the Soldier names text file...but how and when they show up in game is random.

NATO may or may not change that...CM:A has that feature so NATO might as well.

Mord.

The info area on the far left of the UI that shows status, rank, branch and all that...will show the leader's name. You will only see one name per squad or team. When a leader either gets killed or heavily wounded a new leader will take over and the name will change.

Unit names will only change if you edit them in the editor. If the scenario author named a unit Team Razor it'll stay that way throughout.

What names were you talking about changing in your first post?

Mord.

What I see showing is the squad leader's name - the soldiers within his squad appear to be nameless UNLESS the squad leader gets killed and then I guess we would find out who ppicks up his whistle.

My question was - can you edit the squad leaders names anywhere to make the scenareo more personal or easy to remember or more historically accurate if you are recreating and actual scirmish?

OR do all scenareso just pick names randomly from the long list of alphabetic last names?

Thanks.

What I see showing is the squad leader's name - the soldiers within his squad appear to be nameless UNLESS the squad leader gets killed and then I guess we would find out who ppicks up his whistle.

Correct. Only leaders are named...until they are replaced from wounds/KIAs.

My question was - can you edit the squad leaders names anywhere to make the scenareo more personal or easy to remember or more historically accurate if you are recreating and actual scirmish?

Not in CMSF as it stands. You can, now, in CM:A though. They may or may not have changed this with the NATO Module/Patch. There will be a patch that will update CMSF with any new stuff that isn't NATO specific...even if you don't buy NATO.

OR do all scenareso just pick names randomly from the long list of alphabetic last names?

Thanks.

Correct...unless like I stated that is changed with the update. You can edit the soldier name text files though to add additional names...but they will be picked at random.

Mord.

From the new 1.30 feature list;

In the unit editor, when you rename a unit that is not a formation (e.g. squad, vehicle) the name change applies to that unit's leader, not the unit itself.

Whether you buy NATO now or wait until the 1.30 patch for the base game you'll be able to edit unit leader names!

Mord.