PBEM scenarios

Boche

Some of the maps i played as H2H pbem:

H2H British Armour Vs Syrian Armour

Panzerschlacht at night. Desert plain with little hill chains. UK player will mostly win, if he is carefull and knows what he does because of Über-Challengers.

H2H Brit Arm Mix vs. Syr Arm Mix

Nice urban map. Better player should take Red. I played Blue and won this quick with Challengers and fast blue arty. But map has potential when played again and both players know what they are up against.

H2H Brit Mech Plt Vs UnCon

UK player must attack - at night up-hills in high grass. Poor (means boring) designed map. But till now I do good as Red.

H2H Brit Recce Vs Syr Recon

'Big Hill-in-the-middle' Battle. BMP-1 vs. Jackals/WMIKs. Good one.

Asmar Crossing

Very nice designed Red only map with good force tuning. Valley with winding Wadi, Bridge and Farm.

Syr Mech/SOF with BMP-1 against UnCons with Recoiless Pickups and a Tank. That one was great.

Britain's Joy

UK weak reacon force with über air power must free hostages on high ground from UnCons. Means they must get objectives in time, because then hostages spwan. Red get's high score for dead hostages. I think this one plays better with each time when both players know exactly, what to do and what to expect.

Friendly Fires!

Very nice designed big map. Farm land with villages, wood and high ground.

Renegade Arm/Mech syrian 'quisling' forces against ArmInf UK with Challengers. That means practicaly we have an U.S.Army vs. U.K. blue-on-blue. That one I have played as 'Syrians'. After I had killed off the Challengers with a combined M1/mortar/Jevelin-symphony, loosing only 2 Tanks, 2 IVFs and a handfull of pixlings. The remainig Abrams took out the OPFOR IFVs and then my opponent gave up.

[*takes off monocle to clean it, takes on monocle again*]

Great map, but again I feel for this one both players should know what is on table for max playing fun.

Piccadilly Circus

Nice little stuffed urban map. That one I lost as told above, but I too think it's great. Again one that should be getting even better with each play.

Rescue

UK ArmInf vs UnCon. Rescue mission for Blue on nice designed big urban map with both stuffed areas and open ground.

Great big Mix of the best features of Britain's Joy, Friendly Fires! and Piccadilly Circus.

The 2nd Eleven

Blue UK convoy gets ambushed from distant hill high ground. That got a little boring. It's about surviving the opening arty and then advancing over open space up hills as blue.

Chechen War - Polyanskoe

Was one of the first user made scenarios back in 2007. Green SYR MechInf with BTR-60 posing as Russians vs Veteran Uncon Mercenaries defending

small village. Simple straight forward map. That I won as Uncon routing the enemy.

Trident Valley

That is a little more or less symmetrical map designed for H2H. Blue vs Red MechInf company on each side. I won this as Blue because Bradley is better then BMP.

Badinni Dilemma

That one is a monster. Big very well designed map. Blue USMC vs Red MechInf + Armour + UnCons. Each side has lot's of troops. I play as Red, battle is still going on. But till now I have good chance to win this.

The King Copper Mines

Fictional scenario about two little states somewhere in Africa, battling over a Mine complex. Both sides have a company of MechInf plus T-55-1974 and 130mm arty. That one I liked, but my opponent gave up, because he lost to much troops to arty and his briefing was misleading. T-55-1974 vs. T-55-1974 was interesting. At distance they have a chance to take one or two hits from each other. But not always. Map is good with 3 objectives.

Dam it

UK light Inf (Special Forces) must take a Dam defended by SYR SOFs and UnCons and hold it then against the counter-attack with armor. Won this with a combination of CAS and Javelins.

Sabres at Dawn

UK ArmInf Recon with Scimitars probe a SYR defense position in a farm complex. Uk has a few Javelins, SYR has a few Kornets. I played as UK and got the farm, but don't know if I actually won it, because I think there where some more objectives and time was running out.

Lone Star Shopping Plaza

USMC vs Army blue-on-blue! Strike down of a USMC mutiny in Texas. That I gave up, playing as US Army. Had to attack a shopping complex behind a walled highway. Very bad sighting situation, M16s are better over long distance then M4 against body armor. Army has to less troops in this scenario. I gave up as most of my troops where taken down by USMC snipers and automatic grenade launchers. My opponent also said that is very hard for the Army player. But I won it anyway on the paper (After Action Report screen), because I somehow had killed the USMC commander, which got me 1000 points. Has potential, but something felt wrong with this scenario.

Edge of Darkness

That is a UK Attack against SYR MechInf + Armour on a big map. I think designed for single player real time mode, I play it now since over 2 Months as pbem as UK. UK has not much troops, but the advantage of night vision for the first half of the time. SYR player has lots of tanks and BMPs, but UK gets Javelins for most of them.

Industrial City

UK vs Uncon urban battle. Obj is to take out 3 BTRs with weapons. That I also played as Blue and got my opponent to give up. Nice map.

Chance Encounter

That is a conversion of the CMBO Beta for CMSF. This is the CM scenario I have played for the most time now over the years (CMBO,BB,AK,SF). don't remember how the pbem ended. I played as Red and got a draw, i think.

Riesberg

Another CMBO beta demo conversion. This was the very fist CM scenario I ever played. Played this as Red, but lost of course. In the original you had a 88s against Shermans, now you have SPG-9s against Abrams.