Shockforce - Software Developer Kit

The things that come to mind with special forces are the special kit that they use for particular missions, not being limited by standard issue equipment and having superb combat training.

CM:SF, being primarily a conventional combat simulator with some unconventional combat involved, falls into one of the areas where SOF would realistically be involved, however the kit for this would be very similar to kit used by conventional forces already in the game. A SEAL team fighting alongside Marines in Syria might look pretty much like an Army Recon team or a Marine sniper team with M4s and the options to select AT assets like AT-4s and Javelins. In that respect, SOF wouldn't really add much new to the game in my opinion, except for more visual variety.

With that said, I think it would be nice to have a new unit experience level added either above "Elite" or somewhere lower and then bump up the capabilities of "Elite." This way, players could have the option to add some really absurdly tough units in the game if they want to, to at least simulate the level of training that SOF operators have.

My question is: How much would a SEAL team add in variety to the way the game is played now? What would delineate any of these units in the tactical sense given the current capabilities of the game engine?

I would much rather see more useful infantry capabilities including new animations. The only useful approach I can see to adding these Special Forces units would be if the scope of the game's capabilities were extended anyway. Plugging something like that in now feels too much like putting the cart before the horse.

I can't speak about anything except for Army SOF, but a Special Forces TO&E could include an SF Battalion. What would separate it, you ask? Well, 5th Group developed specialized vehicles for the invasion of Iraq that took the form of upgunned humvees and HEMMIT trucks. The humvees would be faster (and more vulnerable) than stock humvees, but have considerably more firepower. The HEMMITs would also be faster, more vulnerable, and have greater firepower than other trucks.

The individual teams would be 12 man formations (that can be split into 2 teams of 6, CCT optional) and feature enhanced spotting and Fires/CAS abilities.

Aside from that, having a TO&E that I can just select rather than gimping everything and making a crazy hodgepodge where no one is in command with each other would be nice.

Will it ruin my day if it doesn't happen? Not really, but I would happily hand over a fistfull of cash to Battlefront if it did happen.

With that said, I think it would be nice to have a new unit experience level added either above "Elite" or somewhere lower and then bump up the capabilities of "Elite." This way, players could have the option to add some really absurdly tough units in the game if they want to, to at least simulate the level of training that SOF operators have.

This is what I've been thinking / requesting for sometime - Something along these lines - It would not be hard to implement at all (as the base of what makes up Recruit - Elite) are already in place.

It would allow for quite more out of CMSF just by this slight change alone.