Help cant download maps/scenarios/rulesets!

parawarrior82nd

Hello all, I cant download any user created content via the EoS menu. I keep getting an "error communicating with server" message yet i can download patches. Ive been trying for several days with no luck. what I have done is...

1. Turned off firewall

2. rebooted router

3. bypassed router by plugging ethernet cable directly to modem.

has anyone else had this issue? This is an amazing game and Id love to play on a map of the world with the nations in the correct places IE British in the UK Germany in germany... thanks in advance.

Hello all, I cant download any user created content via the EoS menu. I keep getting an "error communicating with server" message yet i can download patches. Ive been trying for several days with no luck. what I have done is...

1. Turned off firewall

2. rebooted router

3. bypassed router by plugging ethernet cable directly to modem.

has anyone else had this issue? This is an amazing game and Id love to play on a map of the world with the nations in the correct places IE British in the UK Germany in germany... thanks in advance.

Strange. I'm getting the same error. I'll look into it and get back to you. Also, the data is transmitted over normal http, so as long as you can surf the web, you should be able to download maps and scenarios. You shouldn't need to jump through any other hoops.

Update: I checked game versions all the way back to version 1.01.7600 (which is three months old), and all of them are having this problem. I know downloads have been working during the last three months, so I'm assuming this must be due to a change that my website host made without my knowledge. I'll get it sorted out soon.

Update #2: I talked to my webhost and they said they haven't changed anything. I'm noticing the same problems when I try to access other websites using the same code. Now I'm wondering if everything broke because of a Microsoft update or an update to my anti-virus program. It's just very strange that everything broke retroactively - even stuff that's months old. I think I might need to move everything to the new code and dump the old system entirely. This means that I have to put out a new update before it starts working again.

I've had the same problem today as well. I tried at about 5:00 all the way through 9:00. I know another person with same problem so I'm guessing it's server related. However, I did get the newest update to download, so I'm confused.

I've had the same problem today as well. I tried at about 5:00 all the way through 9:00. I know another person with same problem so I'm guessing it's server related. However, I did get the newest update to download, so I'm confused.

Yeah, there's actually two different systems that are used to download information. I've been moving everything to use the new system because it's better, but some code is still using the old system. The old system is messed up. Also, it appears that the in-application bug report system is also on the old system, so I get "cannot connect to server" errors with that, as well. Updates happen via the new system, so it's not affected.