Black Screen After 3D model loading

Instead of seeing the French countryside after the scenario graphics are loaded I HEAR the French countryside and SEE a black screen. pushing keys or mouse buttons rewards me with beeps with the exception of ctrl-opt-cmd-restart which (guess) restarts the comp.

I'm attempting to run CMDemo v1.02 on a:

7600/ 400G3

160Mb RAM

Voodoo3 3000 v12.1b drivers

What OS version are you running ? I would suggest pulling out any GLIDE extensions (though this seems to be only a problem with the older Voodoo cards on the Mac). Do you have extensions/CPs loaded up for any other video cards ? Are you running in a dual display or is the Voodoo the only display that you're using (you may want to check with your Monitor control panel).

Delete your CM prefs file and try to reselect the resolution over again. Try a lower resolution (640 x 480 or 800 x 600) if you're not already.

You need to disable all of your ATI drivers. The game is running in the background and if you select (cmd)-q (for quit) the game will (under the black) display the (yes) (no) dialogue box and if you click around a bunch you can successfully quit the game. Typing (cmd)(opt)(esc) will also successfully force quit the application.

There is a thread about 10 days old that describes this solution in the stages that the filks who solved it went thru - if I can find the title I'll repost it here.

It is: PB G3/266 Demo stops

It describes the steps fepp and others went through to find this solution.

[This message has been edited by Toptatereater (edited 10-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Toptatereater (edited 10-14-2000).]

I was ahving the same problem after ustalling OS8.6. It was wrking fine with OS8.5. It seems as though there is a conflict with a combination of ATI/OS8.6/CM. I had to disable the ATI resource manager for the probem to go away. The game will run but the graphics appear a little more primitive. Hopefully a repair patch can be worked out soon.