Sniper testing : 1800 m shot

2 Sheppy,

I can explain you but you must keep in mind that this shot was made during a test on a flat map, no wind, no cover.

Make a 2 100 m map and order the Syrians to move fast with "I" shortcut. They will be spotted at about 1 850 m. If you use the move order "N" they will be spotted at "only" 1 500 M . Make the Syrians move parralel to the snipers positions so they have the time to aim and that's it.

The longer the range, the more it takes time to aim and shoot, and the slower the rate of fire is. If the Syrians stop, you will certainly loose contact and have only "?".

I would say that in normal situations, 1 500 m is a more reasonable range for M107 rifles in the game. I had few hits at this range while testing. With the L115A expect 1 300 m . The snipers were veterans so you may have better results with Crack or Elite troops.

I have uploaded a document called sniper test on the repository. You will find more details about my sniper testing and maybe

i hope interesting informations.