Anti-Aliasing and other modes on GeForce DDR

Recently I've noticed more sparkly bits on the CM main map screen. Having read some posts I'm thinking I ought to adjust the settings on my AGP card. Right now the AA feature is set to let the application control the settings. I realize I could just chabge things around and see what happens, but am wondering what settings anyone else is using.

I have a GeForce DDR 64 and notice there are a whole bunch of settngs I can manipulate in addition to the AA stuff. Buffer flipping, memory allocation for PCI textures, linear mipmap-linear filtering, anisotropic filtering....

Any advice on which variable to start changing around first?

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Recently I've noticed more sparkly bits on the CM main map screen. Having read some posts I'm thinking I ought to adjust the settings on my AGP card. Right now the AA feature is set to let the application control the settings. I realize I could just chabge things around and see what happens, but am wondering what settings anyone else is using.

I have a GeForce DDR 64 and notice there are a whole bunch of settngs I can manipulate in addition to the AA stuff. Buffer flipping, memory allocation for PCI textures, linear mipmap-linear filtering, anisotropic filtering....

Any advice on which variable to start changing around first?

Letting the application control anti-aliasing means it will be off in CM. Anisotropic filtering seems to have the best effect on reducing sparkling without sacrificing much performance.

Really? Hmmm, I'll have to try Anisotropic filtering then. I think I have it off.

I just set the FSAA to 4x and that helped a lot with the sparklies as the map is scrolled. I didn't notice too much of a performance hit either except when scrolling in front of high-res buildings (I use a GeForce 2 Pro 64MB DDR).

BeWary

[ July 19, 2002, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: BeWary ]

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy Dirtweasle, I use a GeForce 3 Ti200 with the GeForce tweak utility. I found that I couldnt get CMBO to look near as good without some sort of tweaking program. If you are interested, you can get it here GeForce tweak utility . I have everything on the Direct 3d tab set at the best possible graphics setting, and it runs and looks great. If you hold your cursor over each option, it gives a brief explanation that scrolls across the bottom of the screen. Well anyway, hope this helps a little, and happy gaming smile.gif

[ August 05, 2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Yank ]