Tank developing probs

Hi,

Im playing the grandcampaign versus my brother and we are on turn 42 (feb. 1942) atm. i play the allies and as soon as I had enough MPP's with russia I started to develop heavytanks. Now in 1942 I still dont have a single point in heave tanks and Im still driving around in crap lvl1 tanks while my brother is storming my frontline's with tigers.

any help plz...

There are 2 things you can do to increase your chances of getting technology. The first is to develop intelligence. Each level of intelligence increases the chance of getting a technology by 1% per chit. Normally the chance to get technology is 5% per chit for level 1, 4% for level 2 etc. So if you develop 2 intelligence this would increase to 7% for level 1, 6% for level 2 etc.

The second thing you can do is invest more chits in it. If you have 2 chits in tanks it will double the chance to get a new technology over just 1 chit.

There is also an additional bonus chance to get technology based upon how far the enemy has developed his technology. So if he has level 4 tanks and you have level 1 tanks, you'd get 3% additional chance (per chit?). This gets reduced by his level of intelligence however, so it may just be 0%. You do not control this however and so its not really relevant.

Unfortunately, getting 3 points will take a lot of time and that likely is not time that you have. So I am afraid there is no easy answer on how to deal with your Soviet - Germany front.

Yeah, it just happens that way sometimes. I had a game with the Brits having to dump all their tanks into India to keep them safe (!) while they try to rush tank research. It was '43 and I still hadn't managed a breakthrough, whereas with the Russians spending even less, I had made it to level 4 already...

Sometimes that's the way you roll the bones!

There's also been the games where it's the opposite. I had a game where I was scrambling to keep Moscow safe, and had to let research slide a bit as I shored up my defences, when I noticed the Axis armor starting to really whup on my tanks. I scraped together the cash to put a point into tanks, and got the hit on the same turn. :D That's what I call made-to-order research!

well its halfway 1943 now and I only managed 1 point in tanks vs panthers now... :mad: and yes david Im lucky to have some points in anti-tank weapons.

sidenote...

I also still dont have a single point in any navel stuff with the yanks so I got my ass kicked @ midway even while I had a much larger force.

Its getting bored this way

I love this game but thats the prop with pvp. you never know what the enemy does cause its not scripted. :D

Countering tanks with AT weapons is hardly an option. A fully upgraded army does only 2 damage against a fully upgraded tank, while the tank does 7 back. So there is just no contest there, the infantry will be slaughtered and barely scratch the tank. In fact, a fully upgraded army is more expensive and weaker then a level-0 tank!

Ultimately the only things that work against tanks are tactical air and other tanks. It is very difficult to achieve air superiority with Russia however, because the Germans have such a large headstart in the air. So the only thing that you can do is go for tanks. But if you are unlucky with your tank research like you, you have already lost the game.