Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Fort de France bug?

As Allies at the DE, I chose to invade Fort de France. I received a message that Vichy France was concerned about my activities around Fort de France, yet, I did not get anything, and it still belons to Vichy ? ? ? Do I need to send down a unit and declare war on Vichy France to ger the Carrier, gold and cruiser?

From what I remember you need to send a unit to Fort de France to collect the Gold.

For the Axis, yes.

But as the allies when I moused over Fort de France, it said it was part of Vichy France and I am not at war with Vichy - doesn't this mean I'll have to DOW Vichy to land a unit in Fort de France?

I landed troops in Fort de France as the Axis, but I cannot remember *who* owend it when I landed . . .. I'll try sending someone over then and see if it will let me land without DOW.

Ah yes I think the wording was edited a bit for the first patch as it was a bit confusing, here is the wording as found in the latest version for the campaigns:

"British War Office

David Margesson

The French cruiser "Emile Bertain" and the aircraft carrier "Béarn" arrived safely in Fort de France with 480 MPP in gold from the Banque de France. This gold belongs by right to the Free French Government in exile. We could try to seize this gold by invading Fort de France, but doing so will probably lead to war with Vichy France, and possibly with some other French colonies.

On the positive side, our agents believe that doing so may swing the French garrison in Polynesia to switch its allegiance to the Free French. On the other hand, if we don't agree to invade Fort de France then we will lose out on an opportunity to capture not only the gold but also the French ships. However, the good news is that under the terms of the "Greenslade-Robert Agreement", if we don't invade Fort de France then the USA will provide us with immediate credit worth 125 MPPs, though the US may later intern the gold and seize ships for themselves.

Shall we leave the gold for the US Government to intern (YES) or shall we invade Fort de France (NO)?"

Essentially the answer is yes, you would have to invade it as the Allies by Declaring War.