newbie with the CMMOS

I just got Combat mission: beyond overlord special edition and I downloaded the CMMOS to apply some winter skins for the tanks, but when I try them out ingame, they dont appear on the tanks, its just the basic skins, even the mods for the tracks dont do anything, what do i need to do to make them work?

also, are the mods that are included with CMBO special edition already applied ir do i have to apply them?

I faced the same dilemma, but there are instructions in click me first pages in additional cd. If I remember correctly..This is somwhat I remember how I made them work.Briefly: You have to install the cmmos program thing (red cube icon) from Utilities folder(additional cd). After installing the program, copy those rule sets from utilities folder to the new installed cmmos folder in your programfiles. After that you open that cmmos editorprogram from your programfiles or from the shortcut where ever you located it. Then choose allied winter vehicles and choose one style of your likeing and apply. After that most of the allied vehicles will appear in the style you like. This is ofcourse if you have all the bmp´s installed from the bmp folder as you say. Well hope it works. Check out those instructions if my explanation wasn´t clear enough.