The distribution of special ammunition in Red Army tanks?

First off I would like to say hi. I just registered to this forum, but I have browsed it for some time.

Anyways, the reason I registered was because I would like to ask for information on usage of special ammunition in Red Army tanks.

Much like the OP in this thread requested: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=91051

Like him, I'm also developing a mod. Since I'm striving to make it as realistic as possible, I would greatly appreciate any information that I'm given.

For instance, to what degree was HEAT and APCR ammo used by the various tanks? Information on the distribution of standard HE and AP ammo would be appreciated to. So far, I have only read vaguely that T-34/76 models were often equipped with APCR when they were obsolete in the late war since the introduction of the T-34/85, though to what extent wasn't mentioned.

Not sure why JonS sought to answer you with this forums standard request when faced with corporate spam.

Consider posting in the CMBB forum. I expect the Grogs that might best be able to help you still hang out there. Another thing to consider is your name. People most informed about Russian equipment might be among the least inclined to help someone who named themselves after the SS.

Not sure why JonS sought to answer you with this forums standard request when faced with corporate spam.

Consider posting in the CMBB forum. I expect the Grogs that might best be able to help you still hang out there. Another thing to consider is your name. People most informed about Russian equipment might be among the least inclined to help someone who named themselves after the SS.

OK. Thanks for the tip :). I will wait and see if there's any response here first before starting a duplicate topic, though.

Posting on CMBB would not be a duplication really as many just look to the relevant forum. I assume you have already done the searches by now on the CMBB archive. I cannot recall it ever having come up in any detailed manner ever.

As you now are at the Gerneral Forum where we are a curious bunch it is interesting to consider why people choose various nicknames and what they are trying to get across, or if they have thought about reactions at all.

Interesting because most of the long termers use variants of their names. My own was because it is fairly memorable for being oddball. Petrolhead would not work it needs to be discordant to be memorable , but not too long. Imperial Pantyhose would be memorable : )

Duh, now I'm going off-topic too :). But anyways, I largely picked my name because I'm a fan of the German military in the early half of the 20th century, especially the Scandinavian and German formations of the Waffen-SS.

And yeah, I took Elmar's and your's advice and posted the topic in CMBB too.

...I'm a fan of the German military in the early half of the 20th century, especially the Scandinavian and German formations of the Waffen-SS.

Hmmm. You may want to research further into the matter and reconsider your views. You are of course entitled to your opinions, but that alone does not make them right.

Michael

Low post count (1st post was to start this thread)

Think what you will, but I don't think it is particularly necessary to accumulate a post count before creating a thread. It is just a ridiculous forum "ethic" in my book. If someone wants to help, that's greatly appreciated. But if they do not wish to because I have a low post count or for whatever other reason, that's entirely up to them.

Familiarity

“Don’t go off topic” instruction

I'm new here, but I'm familiar with forums in general.