Dodgy EMail from Battlefront ?

ALthered

Hi,

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks now and just recently returned to the forums. I realised a few days ago that you have had problems with a hacker after i tried to gain access to the boards. To cut a long story short, whilst searching through my EMail inbox looking for my login details , i stumbled across an EMail from Battlefront sent about a month ago. It says something about installing an update client for free then tells me to disable anti virus software in order for the client to run. This immediately struck me as suspicious as i cannot imagine you guys giving advice like this. I have read your announcements where you seem to suggest that no EMails went out (from the hacker) but this would seem to prove otherwise .Can you confirm that this is not a legitimate Email ? .I have managed to get a screen grab of the EMail which i will send if you require ,i cannot post here because i don`t know how ): . If you need any more info just ask.

Regards

Al.

Can you confirm that this is not a legitimate Email ?

It is not. Although it may now have been successfully defanged, do not click on any of the links it contains. Delete it immediately. There was a whole thread on the subject if you want to search for it, but the critical information is that the item you are concerned about was entirely bogus.

Michael

I have read your announcements where you seem to suggest that no EMails went out (from the hacker) but this would seem to prove otherwise

You must have misunderstood the announcements then, because the opposite is true - emails (some containing a virus attachment) have been indeed sent out, and you should delete the message right away.

Martin