Maximum number of tanks in multiplayer

Greetings fellow Generals and privates!

I am back from a long deployment abroad! I was a big proponent of TOW1

and now ready to try TOW2 Kursk!

My biggest complaint about TOW1 was the lack of scope and scale of multiplayer

aspect of TOW1. You could only select 4 or 5 tanks max which is way too tactical

and small in scope.

I am about to buy TOW2 Kursk but I searched the forum to find out about the

scope of multiplayer in Kursk (not really interested in campaigns) and found no

info as to what is the maximum possible number of tanks say in a 1v1 battle.

Is it still 4 or 5 tanks max?

Will greatly appreciate any feedback.

Over and out.

with TOW 1, we played multiplayer missions in 1vs1 (for the tournament), with 25 tanks for each side...

So it can be much more thant 4 or 5, but with no infantry...

For Kursk, I think the limit is exactly the same, 256 units (including crew I think) on the map.

25 Tanks in multiplayer 1v1???!!!!

No freaking way. How? I have been asking the moderators, tech support, forum folks for over a year to find a way to have more than 5 tanks and no one ever hinted it is possible.

Are you referring to a specific mod? In the TOW1 multiplayer menu, it is impossible to allocate more points to get more Tanks. Is this a hack? Are you modifying "ini" files?

Please do tell me how this is possible. This will really make my day if true.

Heck, it will make my month!!

Over and out.

No mod.

you can DL theses missions :

tournoi TOW 2009-01 (mission number 8), 3 missions, 2 with about 25 tanks.

MP mission pack 39-45 01 (mission number 11), less tanks, more infantry !

here :

http://www.39-45strategie.com/Telecharger-des-cartes.5367.0.html

There is no point like in Tow 2 to change your army. But you can easily change the army by using the mission editor.

If you are not used to the mission editor, ask questions !

Thanks for the reply.

The site is in French and I can't read French!! So, I have a couple of questions:

1) If I download this map, would it work on TOW2 Kursk or it will only work on TOW1?

2) Do I need to copy this file in a specific directory on TOW?

3) With this map, you will get 25 Tanks on each side but you don't get to choose which Tanks?

4) Do you work for Battlefront? If not, they should hire you!!

Please let me know. I assume the regular TOW2 Kursk MultiPlayer menu still is limited to 4-5 Tanks as it was in TOW1 unless we use this special map?

Merci.

Over and out

1/ these maps are for TOW 1 only.

But it is the same principle. I can made specifica MP maps for Kursk, with a lot of tanks :)

I begun, but there are some small difference between TOW 1 and Kursk. I have not fully understood all. My biggest problem is that it seems that all players should have install the new map, that was not the case for TOW 1.

2/ yes. here : .../Theatre Of War/Missions/MP_LIST

3/ No, it is not possible with TOW 1 to choose your tanks. But it is possible with TOW 2 - Kursk. I will make a MP mission like that !

4/ No, I don't work for them ;)

So newt MP session, I wil propose a new MP mission with a lot of tanks :eek:

Arzok,

I have decided to buy TOW2 Kursk to get the benefit of added multiplayer enhancements.

But the main reason for me would be multiplayer maps with a lot of tanks (more than 15

per side but the more the better! :-)) So, I will be patiently waiting for your next Multiplayer project for TOW2 Kursk. I will even Beta test for you if you need any tester!

Also, what do you mean by Multiplayer mission? I want to be able to play 1v1 against my friend on a multiplayer map (not mission but free battle until last Tank is destroyed). Are you referring to a campaign mission where 2 people will cooperate or are you talking about a map where 2 players can fight against each other using any tactic or approach? I hope it is the latter!

I will be checking for your update regarding TOW2 Kursk Multiplayer map with many Tanks!

Merci.

Over and out

Multiplayer mission ?

It is just a question of definition.

The map is "the landscape".

To make a mission, you have to add units, and some triggers to determine the winner !

In case of MP missions, triggers are quite simples.

For solo missions, triggers are much more complicated of course.

So I have 2 maps or missions ready, where you can have between 15 and 25 tanks (depending on the price of each tanks).

Just need to be tested !

Arzok,

I have bought the Kursk and so far I am pleased! The gameplay and animations have improved. Now all I need to learn is how to increase points in MultiPlayer maps. Currently the number of points is not possible to change and are static. Most maps have 2000 command points. A decent tank costs 400 or more so you will end up with a few squads and 4 or 5 tanks max.

Have you been able to figure out a way to edit the command points. If only I could even double the command points say from 2000 to 4000, I think that would be decent enough and I can get to about 10 tanks and some infantry units.

If you figure it out, please let me know too!

Merci,

Over and out.

So, first, you have to open the mission editor.

Go in the folder "MissionEditor", then launch Editor.exe

Then, open the mission you want to change (the best way is to first make a copy of the mission with a new name, for exemple, MP_03_Kursk_modified)

Open the mission tree, then netspawn. You will find here the command point for the first army. Do the same for the second army

editor_command_point.jpg

In this exemple, I set command point to 10000 !