Centauro Campaign El Guetta Map "Diversionary Battle" mission.

alan123

How do you win the El Guetta map in the mission called Diversionary Battle?

Just when I think I have won, the game ends in a defeat.

Is there a trigger somewhere that the enemy drives over and simply wins no matter what? Like in Kasserine and Tebessa.

I do not usually have much trouble getting through campaigns and so after many attempts I am beginning to think there is a bug in this mission.

Anyone else having trouble?

Cheers

Alan.

Its ok, fresh this morning I got thru the battle no problems. You just cant let the enemy into the village in any numbers as it trips a defeat trigger, a little unfairly in my opinion, but there it is.

Just try to nail the enemy at long range with your Semovente 75s firing HEAT rounds from hull down positions on the flanks. Any allied tanks that straggle into the village you have to take out quickly with ATG and infantry attacks. The Italian AT grenades carried by the infantry are quite effective.

AL

Hello,

I finished the Italian Centauro campaign this evening.

In my opinion it is the best TOW2 campaign I have played so far and I have played them all except for the Stuart Campaign, which I will start soon.

Happy gaming.

Alan.

Hello,

In my opinion the best TOW1 campaigns I have played so far are your de Gaulle Campaign and Gnashers Bulldog campaign.

I think a lot more thought and ingenuity goes into user made campaigns than the inbox game campaigns. Probably the people in the game companies have to work to impossible deadlines and budgets and thus the quality suffers.

AL