Shock Force Problem 1.21 Retail Gamersgate

I:( have the Combat Mission Shock Force Gamersgate Version patched to 1.20_Gamersgate_Patch, no modules installed!

I bought Special 1.21 Retail Upgrade (1 $)

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&Itemid=26&category_id=9&product_id=228

for "converts" my retail game version of CMSF into a "Battlefront version".

So, when i install this patch, not asked to select what game components i would like to update, as explained in this link

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=173

but normally the patch is installed! When i launch the game, ask me the license and it does not work! The error is this: "Retrieval of license failed with error code = 501".

I'm sure I installed the right patches!

I hope you can help!

Thank you

The Retail Upgrade is not the same as the v1.21 patch! That Knowledgebase article only applies to the patch, not the Upgrade. The Upgrade does not provide any support for modules, hence it will not prompt you which components you want to update. So that's normal.

Please submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and include your key. We can check it to see if e.g. you have a simple typo when enteringe the key (that would throw an error 501 as well) and further help you troubleshoot the issue.

Martin

Hi MaxPayne, here is a copy of the reply from the helpdesk:

Hi!

The license key you are using is the original Paradox key. You need to use the eLicense key that you receive when you purchase the Upgrade in order to activate your copy of the game. That key is emailed to you. If you did not receive the email, then it was spam-blocked. Please go to www.battlefront.com/store and log in. Click on "My Account" from the top menu, and under "Orders" you will find your key. Use that key to activate your game now after installing the Upgrade. You won't need the Paradox key ever again, since you now have the original Battlefront base game version 1.21.

thanks for your help! You were very kind!

I take this opportunity to ask if there is an Italian translation of missions and briefings of CMSF!

thanks again!

No.

There is my translation (on repository), but is only an improvement in translation interface. (se ti interessa mandami un pm e te la invio visto che il repository è giù, ma ripeto è solo un notevole miglioramento della traduzione dell'interfaccia, non dei breafing, la cui traduzione comunque dovrebbe essere contenuta nei file della campagna e degli scenari).

I have an other question: on the Battlefront.com there isn't the section "REPOSITORY"!

Where can I find all the mods that were there before?

You can expect that the repository back on, and in the meantime look at this site where there are several mods and scenarios.