Do the Us can seize gold in fort de france?

One of the event after the fall of France is do you want to seize the gold in fort de france? for germany you just need to land a unit in the port for the ships and then in the city for the gold... For Uk I imagine you have to declare war on Vichy (I never did it too much work already with germans...) but I never succeed with US... when i land a unit after the application of the RL agreement nothing happen... no gold or ship... is it normal?

well in the DE 108 if you reply yes it said "UK receives 125 MPPs and the territory of Fort de France is transferred to the US. The US receives a cruiser if it lands a unit at Fort de France, tile (30,30)."

Then maybe they don t seize the gold and uk receive only 125 MPPs but if my memorie is good I had never received a cruiser when landing after seizement of fort de france by us...

I don t know maybe i do something wrong?

Looking at the DECISION text below I can see how that might be confusing:

The French cruiser "Emile Bertain" and the aircraft carrier "Béarn" arrived safely in Fort de France with 480 MPP in gold from the Banque de France. This gold belongs by right to the Free French Government in exile. We could try to seize this gold by invading Fort de France, but doing so will probably lead to war with Vichy France, and possibly with some other French colonies.

On the positive side, our agents believe that doing so may swing the French garrison in Polynesia to switch its allegiance to the Free French. On the other hand, if we don't agree to invade Fort de France then we will lose out on an opportunity to capture not only the gold but also the French ships. However, the good news is that under the terms of the "Greenslade-Robert Agreement", if we don't invade Fort de France then the USA will provide us with immediate credit worth 125 MPPs, though the US may later seize the gold and ships for themselves.

Shall we leave the gold for the US Government to seize (YES) or shall we invade Fort de France (NO)?

This really is just an option for the UK to seize and the line describing that the US may later seize the Gold is more or less a 'red herring'.

If you look at the User Manual and specifically Appendix A, it describes in detail the pros and cons of each decision as well as how it may affect future decisions etc.

In the meantime we'll consider revising the text so it is a bit more straightforward.

Hubert