Unable to load or save games

Deguar

I've been away for a while so my last game was on 16/3 and I think it was build 5192 or thereabouts.

But with the last two versions I have picked up, my latest one says its version 1.01 build 6697 I have been unable to load or save games.

Any time I click the load button on the main menu screen the game immediately crashes without the decency of even giving me an exception error or dump info. Click on the load button, game closes.

I started a new game and it successfully created an autosave in the correct location Autosave.game 186kb but when I tried clicking the save button within the game screen after a few turns again the game just closed without any indication of crash behaviour.

And even though that autosave is there the game still closed abruptly when I tried the load button on the main menu screen.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 4/1/2010, 18:32:47

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Page File: 952MB used, 2477MB available

Windows Dir: C:\windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Radeon X1950 Pro

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7280)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&SUBSYS_E190174B&REV_9A

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: SyncMaster 2033SW,SyncMaster Magic CX2033SW(Digital)

Monitor Max Res: 1600,900

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0660&SUBSYS_1043C603&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

I've been away for a while so my last game was on 16/3 and I think it was build 5192 or thereabouts.

But with the last two versions I have picked up, my latest one says its version 1.01 build 6697 I have been unable to load or save games.

Any time I click the load button on the main menu screen the game immediately crashes without the decency of even giving me an exception error or dump info. Click on the load button, game closes.

Hi Deguar. Sorry about the crash. I was able to reproduce this crash on one of my three computers. I'm not sure why it works perfectly okay on my other two computers, but I'll be looking into it, and will get back to you later today.

Hi Deguar. Sorry about the crash. I was able to reproduce this crash on one of my three computers. I'm not sure why it works perfectly okay on my other two computers, but I'll be looking into it, and will get back to you later today.

Thanks Brit, I figured it was fairly unusual as noone else had evidently stumbled over it.

My original suspect was the save game location key/variable got somehow corrupted in the big leap of version. I have mine on D: rather than your typical C. But it's been running fine there since December and the autosave file went into the correct spot. At least it reproduces, nothing worse than a bug that doesn't reproduce when you look at it :)

Thanks Brit, I figured it was fairly unusual as noone else had evidently stumbled over it.

My original suspect was the save game location key/variable got somehow corrupted in the big leap of version. I have mine on D: rather than your typical C. But it's been running fine there since December and the autosave file went into the correct spot. At least it reproduces, nothing worse than a bug that doesn't reproduce when you look at it :)

Okay, I tracked down this bug and fixed it. I'll have an update out soon.

Brit