I am having a problem with a problem

Wasn't there a hubbub not long ago about how much customers pay for ice in their frozen foods ?

IMO the seller loses money (as if !) depending on how the berries are measured. More dry berries are sold by unit of sale than moist berries. If they are sold by weight the dry berries weigh less and consquently more berries are needed to fill the desired weight as opposed to moist berries which reach the desired weight with less volume. If they are sold by volume he loses again as more dry berries fit in the same space than moist berries.

I enjoy these types of problems. And isn't that why we enjoy wargames? They are exercises in problem solving.

Regarding our berries, or Rat Patrol guys, where the equation goes wrong is in the ratio. Ratios don't have to add to 100. My monitor ratio is 16:9, for example. So the water to berry solids ratio goes from 99:1 to 98:1. Now do the math and you'll see the weight of the water lost is .5lbs.

They kinda have to add up to a hundred if the ratio is initially denoted in %, seeing as it's the very meaning of the word percentage.

Half the berries weight has been lost in water, honest.

The 0.5lbs people are very good explaining the loss of 1% water, but forget to explain the apparent gain of 1% fruit. You have to do both or the sums don't add up.