A bit more Cold War memorabilia for you all

I actually saw this place, Balaclava, from the outside when I visited Sevastopol a couple of years ago. It is not far away from Sevastopol along the Crimean coast. The sub base is pretty imposing-looking and I can imagine the security around it when it was an active Soviet installation. Now it is just another tourist site and kids dive off the locks and in the channels just outside the gates. Sevastopol is interesting to visit of course, tons of things to see there. As for the sub base, it is surrounded by amazing cliffs that are a sight worth seeing, even if one ignores the history of the place. When I was shown the cliffs from a small motorboat by the young naval officer who was the sole remaining custodian of the base where the sub pens are located, he pointed out on the cliffs where the few surviving Red Army defenders were thrown to their deaths many meters down to the sea, after surrendering to the Germans.

http://planetoddity.com/abandoned-top-secret-soviet-underground-submarine-base/

I liked the photos but did not like the "congratulations you won..." announcement as i opened the link. Then my computer froze. Hmmm, is this a buggy site?

Sorry - that did not happen to me when I opened the site. Maybe my anti-malware suite blocked it; I would not use such a site if I knew it was posting crap.

You might want to check your PC out though, that is not normal behavior at all. If you are running with sub-par protection on the internet, all sorts of nasty things can happen. But again, no, I had no idea...