Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

knowledgeable techies with compassion required

any help gratefully recieved

question: my adapter (which i think is the windows name for a graphic driver) is an intel 810 chipset graphics driver pv 2.1 (software version 4)

i have looked at the intel site and am flummoxed as to: the downloads available, what i can safely download, what i need to download and what improvements the downloads will bring.

thanks

Which version of Windows are you using and what version of DirectX do you have installed ?

The latest driver is v. 6.4 for Win95, 98 & ME.

Intel 810/815 Windows driver v. 6.4

You can download DirectX 8.1 here (pay attention to which version of Windows it is for, there are two different versions of DirectX 8.1). I'm unable to get into the site right now for some reason, so it may be down for awhile.

DirectX 8.1

Here is one of the initial pages that lists some known issues with the drivers. I don't know if the Intel 810 chipset will work with CM's fog-tables, even with the latest drivers. There may also be some transparency issues, but I'm not sure of that.

Intel 810 - Some known issues