Mouse goes crazy in CMBB Demo!!!

jaaski

The demo seems to work properly but after 2 to 5 mins of playing the mouse goes "crazy" and I cannot control it.

Could it be because I only have AMD 450, 128RAM, RivaTNT32MB?

I had the same problem about a year ago while playing Shogun-Total war via Internet. Other games work fine.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that your mouse 'goes crazy' because you have a CPU that's below the recommended minimum speed.

When you mention 'crazy' are you saying that the cursor is very 'sluggish' on-screen and tends to jump around rather than move around the screen in a smooth manner ? If you move the mouse slowly, does it appear to be in better control ?

Which Windows version are you running ? Do you have special drivers loaded up for your mouse (i.e. - Logitech, Microsoft Intellimouse, etc.) ? Do you know which Detonator driver version you have installed and which version of DirectX ?

Is your mouse a serial, PS/2 or USB ? If it is USB, do you have other USB peripherals hooked up to your computer (like a joystick, etc.) ?

[ September 10, 2002, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

When my mouse goes "crazy" I cannot control it anymore. It starts to move and make clicks by it self. So I have to end task (CMBB) manually but it continues to move around in Windows also. The only thing I can do is to restart. I have Windows 98SE, DirectX8.1, PS/2 Logitech mouse (Driver is about 2 years old but mouse works perfectly with other games or programs), NVIDIA RivaTNT Model 64 with Driver date 16.7.2002 mod. 4.13.01.3082 (30.82 driver from NVidia for Windows 98), should be the newest.

You can try another Logitech mouse driver 9.73 (there's a Finnish language version of the driver in the drop down dialog). I have no idea if this will help or if it will even possibly cause more problems, but it may be worth applying.

Do you have anything running in the background, such as utilities, antivirus, etc. ? It's possible that CMBB is causing your problems, in which case an updated mouse driver may help.

I saw this too running a microsoft ps2 intellimouse under win98 - the mouse would occasionally jump to one corner of the screen causing the view to swing around madly.

When I swapped for the logitech USB mouse from my laptop the problem goes away.

So yup its almost certainly a mouse driver thing