Suggestion For CM2

I can't find a suggestion box anywhere, so here...

I usually find myself turning the graphics off (trees, etc.) for giving orders, because some units just can't be seen amid the foliage, especially in the latter two editions of CM. Unfortunately, this is a necessary part of playing the game.

What is more unfortunate, is that many times I forget to turn the graphics back on for watching the movie.

The end result, more often than not, is that I end up playing most of a game with the graphics at the bare minimum - and this is a shame.

For CM2, how about a simple toggle that would automatically turn the graphics on as soon as the movie plays? - And then turn them off again for the next orders phase. That would be the toggle's "on" position.

In the toggle's "off" position, the game would simply work the way it does now.

This is actually something that John Tiller's old Battleground series of games should have had also, because the situation was the same - great 3-D graphics that had to be turned off for giving orders, only for the player to forget to turn them on again for watching the action.

This has been suggested in the past. The desire is to have one set of settings for giving orders and another set for the 'movie playback' and switching between the two via hotkeys or just have the game do it automatically.

You may find some threads in the main forum for 'CMx2' where you can place such suggestions. They're not official 'suggestion boxes', but they're as close as this forum gets to them.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

You may find some threads in the main forum for 'CMx2' where you can place such suggestions. They're not official 'suggestion boxes', but they're as close as this forum gets to them.

I can't find a "main" forum, or any other forum with a CM2-specific topic. Can you provide a link?

The specific thread I was talking about is on the Combat Mission: Afrika Korps forum. The latest game tends to be the most current posting 'main forum'. The specific thread is labelled "What u want to see in CMX2" (click on that title to be linked directly to the thread).

To find it manually you'll have to set the thread listing setting in the upper right to "Show topics from last 20 days" as a minimum and it should be on the 4th page or so.